Precisely Kek Wee

For the third time in a row, Kek Wee stops to think. His bespectacled face is serious and I can detect no movement at all. “Is he breathing?” I wonder. Only after careful thought does Kek Wee speak in earnest. Meticulous and very attentive to details, it comes as no surprise that Kek Wee was once an Audit Manager from PricewaterhouseCoopers.

Kek Wee is now part of the JNP Investing Committee, an in-house committee that decides how to best position the approximately $100 million in assets under advisory. That's $100 million that not only survived the sub-prime fiasco but even managed to make a decent return.

Yet, when Kek Wee shares about his growing up years, it is a simple, heartlander’s story. It explains why he pushes on in his career with quiet determination to succeed.

“My grandpa died very young and my dad took over the family business, selling chicken in the wet market. We were an average family in terms of wealth but my mum and dad have different values towards money.”

“My mum is someone who stinges on herself to give my brother and I the best she could afford. I still remember her buying dresses exclusively from the wet market. This was so she could save more money to send me to organ, English and art classes. These cost her almost her entire savings. But she never let the lack of money limit what she could do for us. My dad has a more liberal spending habit and is generous to his friends. It is this difference that often leads to conflicts over
money which taught me to appreciate the value of good financial management as the foundation of a joyous life.”

By equipping clients with proper financial education, Kek Wee knows how much it will benefit countless clients, families and friendships. He says it is only through JNP that he has been able to do this and become the person he is today.

“Years into the business, I have grown so much that I am now on a different level. I am able to build on past experiences to spur me on. I find I end up gaining the most when I contribute on the JNP Investing Committee. I now cut through theory, market noises and speculation like a knife by sharpening my skills of deduction with Boss and the team. I would never have the sort of perspective I have now if I had spent double the time researching on my own. It is only in JNP and with Boss' guidance that I have a more futuristic outlook in terms of investing skills. It is the reason why my family and clients have a better tomorrow.”

0 comments:

About This Blog

“Kaki” is used to describe close friends with whom we share a special relationship. The unique thing is that they meet up regularly, they talk, they have fun, and they often take a genuine interest in each other’s lives. Most importantly, they share a meaningful time together, sharing knowledge and exchanging ideas.

What's New ?


  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP